We're hiring! Join a fast-growing ecommerce startup with a passion for bringing great design to the pet industry.
ECOMMERCE OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Ecommerce Operations Manager plays a critical role in improving productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations at The Foggy Dog. Primary responsibilities include supply chain and inventory management, order fulfillment, and merchandising.
We are a small company (you would be the first full-time hire), and this role is a great way to join an ecommerce startup from the ground up. You will have the opportunity to make a huge impact on a fast-growing ecommerce company and at the same time, gain invaluable exposure to all aspects of an ecommerce business including finance, merchandising, marketing, new product development, sourcing and manufacturing, and more.
Our office is dog-friendly (of course!) and located in a beautiful, light-filled space in lower Pacific Heights in San Francisco.
SUPPLY CHAIN AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
- Optimize the supply chain and production process for all of our products with the goal of streamlining the production process and reducing costs. This could include: exploring alternative ways to produce a product; evaluating new factories; researching and sampling alternative raw materials; etc.
- Manage the inventory lifecycle for each product, including inventory reorder points for each SKU based on forecasted demand
- Serve as the primary point of contact for our supply chain partners (e.g., vendors and factories)
- Help coordinate (and eventually supervise) product photography and lifestyle shoots
- Optimize and manage organization and storage of inventory in our office
- Manage the production of larger wholesale orders (e.g., to retailers including Anthropologie, CB2, Bloomingdale's), which often require custom materials and unique packaging requirements
- Manage part-time and contract employees to execute all aspects of inventory management and online order fulfillment, both retail and wholesale
- Continuously optimize our order fulfillment process with the goal of improving speed of fulfillment, minimizing errors, and providing a positive customer experience
- Own onsite merchandising, including adding and updating products across our sales channels
- Track Cost of Goods Sold to help inform margin calculations
- Report on key merchandising metrics such as SKU-level performance to help inform assortment decisions
- Manage preparation and setup for retail and wholesale shows
- Help coordinate events (TBD – for instance, in-office shopping events)
- Potentially help with other areas of the company (such as marketing) depending on interest and expertise
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- College degree required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables, vlookups)
- Exceptional attention to detail. A perfectionist who wants to get things right
- Impeccable organization skills; you love making lists and keeping things tidy
- A born problem solver who is never satisfied with the status quo and constantly wants to improve
- Positive, can-do attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves & take on any task that’s needed
- Quick learner who asks questions when needed, and solicits feedback at key points
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs quickly and accurately.
- Familiarity with Shopify and ShipStation is not needed, but is a plus
- A dog lover! Dogs are welcome in the office and our mini goldendoodle puppy will be there every day
The Foggy Dog is still small (but growing quickly!), and every hire has a huge impact on the company. We are looking for employees who take ownership over their role and have the potential to grow with us and take on bigger roles over time. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value passion, attitude, and hard work, so tell us what inspires you to want to join our team.